Friday, March 30, 2012

Need to change IP address of server

I don't know much about MS SQL-Server. I'm having SQL server 2000 and
going to change IP address of the server. What need to be done?"hazly" <s_hazly@.oritech.com.my> wrote in message
news:cca8bbc9.0501250359.1eb0c1da@.posting.google.c om...
>I don't know much about MS SQL-Server. I'm having SQL server 2000 and
> going to change IP address of the server. What need to be done?

If you're only changing the IP address and nothing else (eg. server name,
domain), and you don't have a cluster, then you shouldn't have any problems,
as long as your name resolution service is updated (ie. DNS). This KB
article covers changing the IP address of a clustered installation:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;244980

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment