Friday, March 30, 2012

Need to Calculate Grade Age

Need to calculate the Grade age based on the birthdate and Nov month and 30th Day of the current year.
I have a working datediff statement but I need to always but in the current year. I would like to have the statement get the current year. Then if the age is greater than xx and less than xx your age level is "xyz"

This works DateDiff("d" [Birthdate], 11/30/2004) /365.25 will return the age.

I want to replace the 2004 with a getdate yyyy so I do not need to maintain this statement.

Thanks in advance of a reply
GaryTry this:


Declare @.birthdate as smalldatetime,@.mydate as varchar(10)
SET @.birthdate = '07/11/1978'
SET @.mydate = '11/30/' + cast(year(getdate())as varchar)
DateDiff("d", @.birthdate, @.mydate) /365.25
|||Thanks that helped me with the project.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment