Monday, March 26, 2012

Need table of words/glossary/etc.

Hi!

I have a client who wants to have a function to have a system create a validation system for users who register for a system. It would email them a registration code, which they want to be two or three random words strewn together.

So, I'm looking for a big table of words - random, glossary terms, etc. Does anyone have anything like this? (A flat file that I can import would be fine.)

Thanks!I have a dictionary of words in an access db,... by why would you do this, why not generate some random sequence based on something like the data/time they subscribed??|||I have a dictionary of words in an access db,... by why would you do this, why not generate some random sequence based on something like the data/time they subscribed??

Because that would be logical and clients don't operate on logic :)

(They're afraid that random words would be too difficult for the users of the system, most of which are senior citizens.)|||A smart person would suggest sending them a validation link in the email that they can click and autovalidates... but there you go. ;)

So do you want this db? I think it is about 4 megs but I can't be sure...|||This is completely out of my hands. I've made my arguments and I've been shot down. Other people have offered alternatives, they've shot them down too. So, this is what I have to go with.

If you could provide the table, that'd be great.

Thanks!|||how do you want it? http download from somewhere? I can upload it in the next few hours (once I get home).|||Either post it somewhere or email it to rflagg@.gmail.com

Thanks!|||should be in your gmail|||Thanks! That table is great (and very extensive). Much appreciated!|||...sounds like a "lazy hacker" looking for a quick and dirty dictionary attack...maybe wrong though ;)|||And I just helped him,.. great,... ah well, if that is the case then people should protect themselves against such attacks anyway...|||I'm in a similar situation. Could you possible send me a copy of the db ?

[My Email] (laasunde@.online.no)

Thank you.|||Any way you can prove to me that it's not for dictionary attacks?|||Don't know how I could prove that over the Internet.

Need the db for an assignment at uni..|||I promise you that's not what it's for. I'm a professional, I do ASP.NET and SQL development for a living as full-time work, as contracts on the side, and I maintain two websites that I wrote myself for two non-profit animal rescue groups dedicated to the saving and placement of homeless and stray animals. One of which is Animal Allies (http://www.animalallies.com) which services the Washington D.C. metro area (where I live). If you'd like more evidence of this, you can email me at tarkon@.animalallies.com and I'll respond.

Besides that, there's very little I can do to assure you this is for honest and legitimate purposes other than my personal guarantee (and the fact that I don't even know what a dictionary attack is).

And lastly, it's been my experience most hackers are Linux people and not SQL Server 2000 developers.|||heheh no worries Tarkon, I wasn't that concerned to be honest,... just messing with your head. ;)sql

No comments:

Post a Comment