Friday, March 30, 2012

Need to change Authentication type of my first DB in SQL05

* I was able to configure and install the DB

* I accidentally selected Windows Authentication

Now it won't let me login and keeps giving me an error.

Question: how do i change the authentication type without getting into the db? is there something I'm missing?

The authentication method is Server level, not database level. (Are you able to access the Server -but not a specific database?)

IF so, using SSMS, in the Object Explorer pane, right-click on the Server, and then select the [Security] tab. Change the authentication method there.

If you are not able to access the Server using SSMS, it may be just as quick for you to re-install (or) let us know so we can walk you through the process.

|||Sql service is necessary after changing the authentication mode on server level. Hence do a restart after changing the authentication mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment