Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Need to alter a DML Trigger

Hi

I'm trying to write a trigger to insert data into an archive file. I added a new trigger using database explorer, wrote the trigger and then saved it. The trigger has an error in it and I need to alter it. Can you tell me how to access the trigger ?

Many thanks

Chris

Hi,

Have u tried looking under the DataBase\Programmability\DataBaseTriggers .. your trigger will show under this node

Also see this video from Microsoft

SQL Server 2005 Video Presentation: Enterprise Data Management, DDL Triggers

Hope this will help

Satya

|||

Satya

Thanks for that. I don't usually use Management Studio Express, I just use VWD express. However, I looked under DataBase\Programmability\DatabaseTriggers and the trigger is not there. I've run the INSERT routine in my application and it is still failing because of the trigger I wrote. So I still have the problem of finding the triggert to correct. (I'm a bit puzzled by this, if you write a stored procedure using VWD express you can subsequently view it and alter it in the VWD express environment).

I would be grateful for any further suggestions.

Chris

|||

Well I've found the trigger under DataBase \ Tables \ 'tableName' \ Triggers.

Without any answers to my previous post, I guess I just have to assume that DML Triggers can be created using VWDexpress but not altered.

Anyway, Management Studio Express is quite cool.

Chris

|||

Hello Chris

If you need more info about trigger then you may read this article

http://www.sqlteam.com/item.asp?ItemID=3850

|||

Mehedi

Thanks for that.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment