Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Need text in Tital Case

Hey Friends...

In database I have description field in Uppar case but I want to display it in Title Case ( I tried ProperCase but its not working in Crystal report 8.5)

Like :

In database I have description like : TAKE BACK CONTROL OF YOUR CHANGE

But in report I want like : Take Back Control Of Your Change

and I am using crystal report 8.5 so can anybody help me please

Thanks

-Jayesh Mendpara
jmendpara@.gmail.comyou didn't mentioned what database u r using

oracle supports INITCAP funtion

im sure equivalent, available in SQL Server.

so u can handle that at database level.|||Hello sraheem...

I have the same situation as this initial post. However my situation is not really connected to a db. The initial dollar amount in the example does come from a db however the conversion just takes place within the report itself. I have converted the numbers to text and need to get this in title case. Example:

($583.00 converted to - five hundred eighty-three and xx/100)

I need the conversion to read: Five Hundred Eighty-Three And xx/100

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance for your time!|||Create a formula for the field you want to display as such and use something like this for the formula:

ProperCase ({MyTableNameGoesHere.MyFieldNameGoesHere})|||Will this work in 8.5?|||I think we already established that it won't.
Relatively simple to implement in a formula though.|||Check out this link for info on how to do it in 8.5.
http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do;jsessionid=B649460555EE48B11E10F040D88394B5?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=c2011637&sliceId=&dialogID=360384&stateId=1%200%20356275

No comments:

Post a Comment