Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Need to add expression when subreport returns NULL value

Help! @.=)
Using SRS 2000 SP2. I have a subreport which only returns a value to the
main report some of the time. At other times, it returns nothing (usually in
situations where the result would be NULL). In the main report, when it
returns NULL/Blank/Nothing, I want to that space to display "There was no
value for this query" or something similar. Unfortunately, when I
right-click the textbox containing the subreport, it doesn't give me an
expressions field.
Where could I put something like this? Or is this not something that can be
done?
Thanks in advance!
Catadmin
--
MCDBA, MCSA
Random Thoughts: If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that
Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back?
@.=)Click the table in your report and look for a property value called NoRows.
Add text to that, and it will be displayed in your main report.
Kaisa M. Lindahl Lervik
"Catadmin" <goldpetalgraphics@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:CBF33AD2-95A4-4BDC-951A-D108AB2FE33E@.microsoft.com...
> Help! @.=)
> Using SRS 2000 SP2. I have a subreport which only returns a value to the
> main report some of the time. At other times, it returns nothing (usually
> in
> situations where the result would be NULL). In the main report, when it
> returns NULL/Blank/Nothing, I want to that space to display "There was no
> value for this query" or something similar. Unfortunately, when I
> right-click the textbox containing the subreport, it doesn't give me an
> expressions field.
> Where could I put something like this? Or is this not something that can
> be
> done?
> Thanks in advance!
> Catadmin
> --
> MCDBA, MCSA
> Random Thoughts: If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that
> Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the
> back?
> @.=)|||AHA! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you ever so much!!!
Catadmin
--
MCDBA, MCSA
Random Thoughts: If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that
Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back?
@.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment