Saturday, February 25, 2012

NEED HELP:cannot run sql server 7.0 on windows 98

Hello !
I've installed SQL Server 7 Desktop on my computer (Windows 98).
(French version)
It has been complicated and long to get the SQL Server Services list
installed with SQL Server Services Manager. But I finally got it !!
I thought that whis this SQL Server was full ready to start.
But now, when I try to start SQL Server, it tries to start, but stop
immediatly.
When I try to open a SQL Server group with Enterprise Manager, it
returns me an error "ConnectionOpen (RPCopen...)". If SQL Server was
ready to start, it would open automatically.
So that's obvious SQL Server is not correctly installed...
I installed SQL Server 7.0 once two years ago and I did it
successfully whith a same configuration (Desktop 7.0 with Windows 98).
But I remember it had been difficult. And I didn't save anything about
what I did.
What do I have to do to complete SQL Server installation '?
Thanks for your help !So you start the SQL Server service and it stops again immediately? Then
check the SQL Server errorlog file and eventlog for error messages.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"bilou" <loghara@.yahoo.fr> wrote in message
news:9aac58ce.0311130811.33e86ea3@.posting.google.com...
> Hello !
> I've installed SQL Server 7 Desktop on my computer (Windows 98).
> (French version)
> It has been complicated and long to get the SQL Server Services list
> installed with SQL Server Services Manager. But I finally got it !!
> I thought that whis this SQL Server was full ready to start.
> But now, when I try to start SQL Server, it tries to start, but stop
> immediatly.
> When I try to open a SQL Server group with Enterprise Manager, it
> returns me an error "ConnectionOpen (RPCopen...)". If SQL Server was
> ready to start, it would open automatically.
> So that's obvious SQL Server is not correctly installed...
> I installed SQL Server 7.0 once two years ago and I did it
> successfully whith a same configuration (Desktop 7.0 with Windows 98).
> But I remember it had been difficult. And I didn't save anything about
> what I did.
> What do I have to do to complete SQL Server installation '?
> Thanks for your help !

No comments:

Post a Comment