Saturday, February 25, 2012

Need Help. Please

Hi there,
I know it is a bit odd to ask questions on my first posting. I'm new at setting up a MS SQL 2000 Server. I would really appreciate if you can help clarify a few of my questions :) .
I'm considering to buy SQL 2000 Ent. Ed and Windows Server 2003 Ent. Ed. for my two new Servers. I've tried to contact MS customer support, but they are not very helpful :( . I've searched many articles, most of them are not very helpful in helping me make the decision :( .
I would like to set up a cluster with two Windows 2003 Server Ent. Ed. One for active SQL2000 Ent. Ed. and another one for passive. Can this work?
For the Server running the passive SQL 2000. I'll be running a java networking application. I would like to know if the passive windows server 2003 fails, will the Windows Server 2003 be able to handle the failover and transfer my java application to the other server. :confused:
Thanks a lot in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Keen HonTypically, Microsoft prefers the customer to engage either an OEM or a Microsoft Solutions Provider for this kind of pre-sales support, but that is no reason for them to ignore your request. How did you try to contact customer support?

-PatP|||I called the Customer Care Centre (Microsoft Careline) for my Country in Singapore. I also called some of the Resellers. Maybe I will call the OEM to try my luck.

- KH|||You do know what you're configuring will be a lot of cash...

And you should probably get another box for the app server...

You do know that clustering is NOT for load balancing...right....and don't you want another box for shared Disk?|||Of course your application will be failed over...only if you make it a cluster-aware service.

No comments:

Post a Comment