Saturday, February 25, 2012

Need Help: For Cube data in Multi Languages.

Dear Friends..

I need help if any one can... My need is that...I am devloping my Cube using SSAS. I want to access my cube in multi languages e.g.: English, Japanese or other. At the movement I have two languages description in SQL Database like English and Japanese.

But In SSAS Translations, I can translate Measures Groups, Dimensions, Perspectives, KPIs, Actions, Named Sets & Calculated Members names. But there will be a need to Map Columns as per selected Lenguage so that I can display in proper language data.

Suppose I select Japanese the description should come from Column where Japanese description is stored.

OR any othere method by doing I can see my reports/data in any language.

Please Help...

Do you whant to display the description for the dimension members also translated?

In dimension editor you can specify data source feild for name translation of any dimension attribute. It this what you are looking for?

|||

Thanks for your reply.

What I'm understanding here that in dimension editor I will have to set NameColumn for another Lenguage Atrribute in Source. But doing that I will have to maintain two Dimension/Hierarchies for Two Languages e.g.: English and Japanese. I donot want like this. I want only based on lenguage selection data should come for that lenguage without duplicating hierarchies for the languages.

Or if I'm not understanding what you said please clear.

Looking positive response..

|||

Hi

I've got the solution in dimension editor in transalations we can do Attribute Data Transalation by clicking ellipsis.Thanks again.

But I've read out regarding Analysis Services Instance for Multi Languages - If you know about please tell me. Or in other words I would like to say any method so that all data in Cube should display in any lenguage based on lenguage selection, but we are not maitaing any manual mapping columns.

Thanks Again.

|||

Translations is the way for you to model your cube such that you can later on switch the language and present your users with translated data.

For that you got to specify where Analysis Server shoudl read translated data from.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||

Take a look at adventure works sample SSAS database. There you find an example of what you are looking for.

You don't have to maintain two dimensions\hierarchies. You will still have the same dimension with it's hierarchies but depending of LCID of connection you will see captions of dimensions and dimension member in corresponding language.

What you have to do is to supply you dimension tables with additional fields, containing translated names. It's pretty easy, without headache.

|||

Need Help

I tried with AdventureWorks db for Analysis Services - Translation. I made a Geography Dimention Attribute translation for Spanish & Franch having columns in DimGeography. It is working fine when browse SQL Browser. Then I made a SSRS Sample Report..given below a detail...

SELECT
NON EMPTY
{[Measures].[Reseller Sales-Sales Amount]} ON 0,
NON EMPTY
{
([Reseller Geography].[Geographies].[State-Province])
*
([Date].[Month Name].[Month Name])
} ON 1
FROM (SELECT(STRTOSET(@.DateMonthName, CONSTRAINED)) ON COLUMNS
FROM (SELECT(STRTOSET(@.ResellerGeographyGeographies, CONSTRAINED)) ON COLUMNS
FROM [Reseller Sales]))

AND DATASET FOR Geography

WITH
MEMBER [Measures].[ParameterCaption] AS '[Reseller Geography].[Geographies].CURRENTMEMBER.MEMBER_CAPTION'
MEMBER [Measures].[ParameterValue] AS '[Reseller Geography].[Geographies].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUENAME'
MEMBER [Measures].[ParameterLevel] AS '[Reseller Geography].[Geographies].CURRENTMEMBER.LEVEL.ORDINAL'
SELECT
{
[Measures].[ParameterCaption],
[Measures].[ParameterValue],
[Measures].[ParameterLevel]
} ON COLUMNS ,
{[Reseller Geography].[Geographies].[Country-Region]} ON ROWS
FROM [Reseller Sales]

AND DATASET FOR Date/Month

WITH MEMBER [Measures].[ParameterCaption] AS '[Date].[Month Name].CURRENTMEMBER.MEMBER_CAPTION' MEMBER [Measures].[ParameterValue] AS '[Date].[Month Name].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUENAME' MEMBER [Measures].[ParameterLevel] AS '[Date].[Month Name].CURRENTMEMBER.LEVEL.ORDINAL' SELECT {[Measures].[ParameterCaption], [Measures].[ParameterValue], [Measures].[ParameterLevel]} ON COLUMNS , [Date].[Month Name].ALLMEMBERS ON ROWS FROM [Reseller Sales]

Now Report is successfully deployed. But How to change the language. Here I am not sure but what I tried writting....I have opened Report Server and change the setting in Tools/Internet Settings/Lenguages -> and added Franch and move it to 1st place. After this Drop down list labels and it's data start to come in Franch but not same data comming in report itself. What to do.

Please Help.

|||

Moving to RS forum

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment