Saturday, February 25, 2012

Need Help... Urgent!

I've installed SQL Server 2005 from MSDN, however, while I was trying to
install the SP1 from the same DVD, it said:
"Shared String ID 11217 Not Found" with the body of the message saying
"Shared String ID 11216 Not Found"...
What could I do? How do I solve this?
I went to Microsoft.com to download the SP1 directly from there.. But the
error continues...
Thanks...Hi Sonia,
Why dont you apply SP2 directly?
--
Ekrem Ã?nsoy
"Sonia.Madureira" <Sonia.Madureira@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:067A08DC-D5B1-4734-B24D-3A23E951F562@.microsoft.com...
> I've installed SQL Server 2005 from MSDN, however, while I was trying to
> install the SP1 from the same DVD, it said:
> "Shared String ID 11217 Not Found" with the body of the message saying
> "Shared String ID 11216 Not Found"...
> What could I do? How do I solve this?
> I went to Microsoft.com to download the SP1 directly from there.. But the
> error continues...
> Thanks...|||Hi Ekrem,
Thanks for answer.. I've tried right now to install SP2 but it didn't work
out either..
When it's extracting, occours an error saying:
"The following error occoured", same in body - OK
When I click in OK it shows:
"A recently applied update, , failed to install" and in the content of the
report it says:
"EventType: sqlsetup P1 : unknown P2 : 0x0 P3 : unknown ..." , the
unknown repeats until P10...
Can you Help me?
"Ekrem Ã?nsoy" wrote:
Hi Sonia,
Why dont you apply SP2 directly?
--
Ekrem Ã?nsoy|||I'm not sure if your prior SP installation attempt broke some SQL Server
binaries or not but it look's like it did. As you do not have a chance to
uninstall only the SP installation (that corrupted one), there is not
emerging an idea in my mind but to uninstall the problematic SQL Server
instance and install a new SQL Server instance from scratch and applying SP2
then.
I don't know your environment and if it's an important SQL Server instance
and can not be offline for a while or something don't blame me for my
comments =)
I hope others has a better idea on this problem.
P.S.
You said that an error occurs when the package is being extracted but as it
complains about the corrupted SP installation in the error message, I think
it finishes extracting the package and the problem occurs when it's checking
the system before applying the SP.
--
Ekrem Ã?nsoy
"Sonia.Madureira" <SoniaMadureira@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:523C6A93-BF60-492A-A58F-DF9729087D2E@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Ekrem,
> Thanks for answer.. I've tried right now to install SP2 but it didn't work
> out either..
> When it's extracting, occours an error saying:
> "The following error occoured", same in body - OK
> When I click in OK it shows:
> "A recently applied update, , failed to install" and in the content of the
> report it says:
> "EventType: sqlsetup P1 : unknown P2 : 0x0 P3 : unknown ..." , the
> unknown repeats until P10...
> Can you Help me?
>
>
>
> "Ekrem Ã?nsoy" wrote:
> Hi Sonia,
> Why dont you apply SP2 directly?
> --
> Ekrem Ã?nsoy
>|||Thanks Ekrem,
I'll uninstall SQL and try again.
I've started this week serving as aprenctice in a company of services,
software, harware... So, they want me to learn as logic that is... (by the
way, forgive me my mistakes, i'm portuguese)
We install PC's, servers, etc in clients.. So we use SQL server...
They told me to install SQL server in my PC to start learning and when
errors occour, they answer to looke online.. I am looking everywhere but with
no luck... =( LOL
Thanks for helping me Ekrom... I will try to uninstall now... And try
again... =)
"Ekrem Ã?nsoy" wrote:
> I'm not sure if your prior SP installation attempt broke some SQL Server
> binaries or not but it look's like it did. As you do not have a chance to
> uninstall only the SP installation (that corrupted one), there is not
> emerging an idea in my mind but to uninstall the problematic SQL Server
> instance and install a new SQL Server instance from scratch and applying SP2
> then.
> I don't know your environment and if it's an important SQL Server instance
> and can not be offline for a while or something don't blame me for my
> comments =)
> I hope others has a better idea on this problem.
> P.S.
> You said that an error occurs when the package is being extracted but as it
> complains about the corrupted SP installation in the error message, I think
> it finishes extracting the package and the problem occurs when it's checking
> the system before applying the SP.
> --
> Ekrem Ã?nsoy|||Thanks Ekrem,
I'm allready installing SP2...
I have my problem solved...
=)|||That's a good news =)
I suggest you to be careful about installing SQL Server and its Service
Packs... For example, close any running apps that can\may prevent SQL Server
Setup to install its components successfully. It was your computer this time
but it could be an important SQL Server server. So ensure that there is a
clean and pure running system before starting installing SQL Server and its
Service Pack or something.
To learn better you could buy some books about SQL Server and your best
online assistant will be Books Online. Take advantage of it.
Good luck.
--
Ekrem Ã?nsoy
"Sonia.Madureira" <SoniaMadureira@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BDDAFBE5-0CE4-4831-8827-314F87C4E5F0@.microsoft.com...
> Thanks Ekrem,
> I'm allready installing SP2...
> I have my problem solved...
> =)|||Thanks so much for helping me...
I have a lot to learn... =)
i will look for ebooks about it...
Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment