Saturday, February 25, 2012

Need help!

I really just do not understand this and it is really frustrating me... I
made a custom authentication/authorization extension that uses forms
authentication... it works fine on my local system (32bit windows xp pro sp2
with SQL 2005 Dev SP2)... So I installed it onto our development test server
running SQL 2005 Dev edition SP2 (32bit windows server 2003) works great!
figure ok its working! now I go to our master setup, which is like this
Active/Passive failover cluster with shared storage on a SAN... 2 node
cluster... both running windows server 2003 64bit! SQL Server is clustered,
but we dont care much about reporting services being fail over because they
fail so infrequently.. so I do all the same stuff I do to install it on the
32bit server... now this is what happends
I open up http://sqlvirtualhost/Reports (sqlvirtualhost is the virtual
cluster name we gave the sql server instance) it goes to the report server
logon screen, I login, that works fine... I get a list of reports, ok great!
seems to be working! I click on a report... boom problem... gives me a .net
assembly name that has Microsoft.ReportingService.xxxxx in (xxxx changes
sometimes usually Modeling or Design seems like?) anyways it says Access
Denied is the error and thats it! I cant figure out what is denied access or
what is causing it... this same thing with the same config works great on
the two 32bit systems! the assembly is compiled for "AutoCPU" to let .NET
framework auto compile it to 32 or 64bit on demand... im ripping out my hair
here, can anyone help me or give me some direction on what to do or look
for? THANKS A LOT!I added the computer in the domain to the security list that sharepoint
services is on and now the message changed to this "HTTP/1.1 404 Connection:
close Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:42:58 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices: 12.0.0.4518 "
"Smokey Grindel" <nospam@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:uuYkGzrWHHA.488@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I really just do not understand this and it is really frustrating me... I
>made a custom authentication/authorization extension that uses forms
>authentication... it works fine on my local system (32bit windows xp pro
>sp2 with SQL 2005 Dev SP2)... So I installed it onto our development test
>server running SQL 2005 Dev edition SP2 (32bit windows server 2003) works
>great! figure ok its working! now I go to our master setup, which is like
>this
> Active/Passive failover cluster with shared storage on a SAN... 2 node
> cluster... both running windows server 2003 64bit! SQL Server is
> clustered, but we dont care much about reporting services being fail over
> because they fail so infrequently.. so I do all the same stuff I do to
> install it on the 32bit server... now this is what happends
>
> I open up http://sqlvirtualhost/Reports (sqlvirtualhost is the virtual
> cluster name we gave the sql server instance) it goes to the report server
> logon screen, I login, that works fine... I get a list of reports, ok
> great! seems to be working! I click on a report... boom problem... gives
> me a .net assembly name that has Microsoft.ReportingService.xxxxx in
> (xxxx changes sometimes usually Modeling or Design seems like?) anyways it
> says Access Denied is the error and thats it! I cant figure out what is
> denied access or what is causing it... this same thing with the same
> config works great on the two 32bit systems! the assembly is compiled for
> "AutoCPU" to let .NET framework auto compile it to 32 or 64bit on
> demand... im ripping out my hair here, can anyone help me or give me some
> direction on what to do or look for? THANKS A LOT!
>|||you have this error when you have reporting service with sharepoint services
on?
did you have this issue still? i have the same issue and i solved it by
adding the report server url in sharepoint server exlude list..
- Bava
"Smokey Grindel" wrote:
> I added the computer in the domain to the security list that sharepoint
> services is on and now the message changed to this "HTTP/1.1 404 Connection:
> close Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:42:58 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
> X-Powered-By: ASP.NET MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices: 12.0.0.4518 "
>
> "Smokey Grindel" <nospam@.nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:uuYkGzrWHHA.488@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >I really just do not understand this and it is really frustrating me... I
> >made a custom authentication/authorization extension that uses forms
> >authentication... it works fine on my local system (32bit windows xp pro
> >sp2 with SQL 2005 Dev SP2)... So I installed it onto our development test
> >server running SQL 2005 Dev edition SP2 (32bit windows server 2003) works
> >great! figure ok its working! now I go to our master setup, which is like
> >this
> >
> > Active/Passive failover cluster with shared storage on a SAN... 2 node
> > cluster... both running windows server 2003 64bit! SQL Server is
> > clustered, but we dont care much about reporting services being fail over
> > because they fail so infrequently.. so I do all the same stuff I do to
> > install it on the 32bit server... now this is what happends
> >
> >
> > I open up http://sqlvirtualhost/Reports (sqlvirtualhost is the virtual
> > cluster name we gave the sql server instance) it goes to the report server
> > logon screen, I login, that works fine... I get a list of reports, ok
> > great! seems to be working! I click on a report... boom problem... gives
> > me a .net assembly name that has Microsoft.ReportingService.xxxxx in
> > (xxxx changes sometimes usually Modeling or Design seems like?) anyways it
> > says Access Denied is the error and thats it! I cant figure out what is
> > denied access or what is causing it... this same thing with the same
> > config works great on the two 32bit systems! the assembly is compiled for
> > "AutoCPU" to let .NET framework auto compile it to 32 or 64bit on
> > demand... im ripping out my hair here, can anyone help me or give me some
> > direction on what to do or look for? THANKS A LOT!
> >
>
>|||any update on this issue? please let me know how do you resolve the issue.
"Bava Mani" wrote:
> you have this error when you have reporting service with sharepoint services
> on?
> did you have this issue still? i have the same issue and i solved it by
> adding the report server url in sharepoint server exlude list..
> - Bava
> "Smokey Grindel" wrote:
> > I added the computer in the domain to the security list that sharepoint
> > services is on and now the message changed to this "HTTP/1.1 404 Connection:
> > close Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:42:58 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
> > X-Powered-By: ASP.NET MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices: 12.0.0.4518 "
> >
> >
> > "Smokey Grindel" <nospam@.nospam.com> wrote in message
> > news:uuYkGzrWHHA.488@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > >I really just do not understand this and it is really frustrating me... I
> > >made a custom authentication/authorization extension that uses forms
> > >authentication... it works fine on my local system (32bit windows xp pro
> > >sp2 with SQL 2005 Dev SP2)... So I installed it onto our development test
> > >server running SQL 2005 Dev edition SP2 (32bit windows server 2003) works
> > >great! figure ok its working! now I go to our master setup, which is like
> > >this
> > >
> > > Active/Passive failover cluster with shared storage on a SAN... 2 node
> > > cluster... both running windows server 2003 64bit! SQL Server is
> > > clustered, but we dont care much about reporting services being fail over
> > > because they fail so infrequently.. so I do all the same stuff I do to
> > > install it on the 32bit server... now this is what happends
> > >
> > >
> > > I open up http://sqlvirtualhost/Reports (sqlvirtualhost is the virtual
> > > cluster name we gave the sql server instance) it goes to the report server
> > > logon screen, I login, that works fine... I get a list of reports, ok
> > > great! seems to be working! I click on a report... boom problem... gives
> > > me a .net assembly name that has Microsoft.ReportingService.xxxxx in
> > > (xxxx changes sometimes usually Modeling or Design seems like?) anyways it
> > > says Access Denied is the error and thats it! I cant figure out what is
> > > denied access or what is causing it... this same thing with the same
> > > config works great on the two 32bit systems! the assembly is compiled for
> > > "AutoCPU" to let .NET framework auto compile it to 32 or 64bit on
> > > demand... im ripping out my hair here, can anyone help me or give me some
> > > direction on what to do or look for? THANKS A LOT!
> > >
> >
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment