Saturday, February 25, 2012

NEED HELP!!! Unknown Error in SQL 2005 express toolkit

I am encountering this error when tried to execute a simple select statement against the Enterprise Edition SQL 2000 and SQl2005

An error occurred while executing batch. Error message is: Unknown error "-1".

Please advise what is the cause of this.

Thanks.

I also encountering it even I upgraded my Management studio to

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 9.00.1399.00

Please advise/assist in this error. Thanks.

|||

which simple select statement?

are you using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express? with SQL Server 2005 Express Edition or SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with Advanced Services or SQL Server 2005 database engine?

tosc

|||

I installed SQL 2005 express toolkit in my PC and tried to connect to a Enterprise Edition SQL 2000 engine and SQL 2005 engine server. I tried for select rows in a table, example,

select * from<tablename>

It returns that error. i uninstall the Express edition toolkit and installed a enterprise version of the management studio. (version on my last post), still i got the same error when I executed that SELECT statement.

|||

is this SQL Server 2005 Express or EE ... u have mentioned EE ... in any case it seems that u have not applied SP1 and SP2 .... BTW can u post the script which u ran ...

Madhu

|||

I installed SQL 2005 Express Toolkit for the client tool,(Management Studio). my plan is to use this to manage our Enterprise Edition SQL servers(2000 and 2005).

I connect my Management Studio(SQL 2005 Express) to a SQL 2000 server enterprise edition.

I encountered this error:

An error occurred while executing batch. Error message is: Unknown error "-1".

even my script is a simple SELECT statement like this one:

SELECT * FROM <dbo.TableName>

I test the same script to a SQL 2005 Ent. Edition server. same error encountered. I tried a simple UPDATE statement, no error occured. it updates row in the SQL2000 server.

Then I uninstall the Express edition Management Studio(SQL 2005 Express toolkit). I install a Enterprise Edition management Studio(See my previous reply for the version) and still I encounter the same error when selecting data from any table of an Enterprise edition server.

Hope my issue is clear. do I have to install something? please advise.

|||Do I need to install SP1 even if I don't have SQL engine in my PC? i only have client tools in my PC. Please advise.|||

Hi,

which framework and OS are you using? are you sure, that you have all privelegs - to your databases?

|||

I have .NET 1.1 and 2.0 in my PC. I am using Win XP SP2. I already applied SP1 for SQL 2005 in my PC. still same error is encountered.

I have SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 Client utilities in my PC.

I didn't encounter it in Query Analyzer. Only when I use Management Studio.

I am using SA account.

|||

I have the same issue and have yet to find the resolution. One thing I have noticed is that the issue does not occur if you set your results to Text Mode. The issue appears to be related to mscorlib.dll.

|||

Could it be resolved by replacing the same dll with one from a working PC? or do i have to consider something like file version etc.?

|||

Hi all,

Any comment/suggestions to resolve this issue?

|||

I was able to resolve this issue on my system. It turns out that the client firewall tool used at my company "BlackIce" was detecting a buffer overflow exploit when making the calls to mscorlib.cll. I was able to list "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\SqlWb.exe" as an exception to rule and all is fine.

I hope these findings help you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment